Sunday, October 31, 2010

VINODJI'S GYAN......WOW





The 4 A Formula


Awareness of what’s going on in my mind when I am exposed to a situation. What is that situation doing to my mind. Why am I irritated or what in me is the irritation. What is then trigger and drive in me to act perhaps in confrontation, perhaps in agreement with the situation. This comes through an evolved state of awareness.


Alertness: I am surrounded with changes and change is inevitable it continues to happen. My wisdom will allow me to be alert to the changes. To infer from the changes, to derive from the cause of the change and what things have changed to. And if I am not alert that things have changed around me then I cannot choose to adapt.

I need to enhance my Awareness Alertness and Adaptability. The fourth of A is my attitude. Most of the time if my focus is on things that are not in my favour I generate stress perhaps even resistances, frustrations and inhibitions because im not able to change. So the attitude needs to be attended to. Sometimes how much ever I am alert and I am driven to change the situation around me the situation does not change most of the time or the environment remains static or I am not moving along with the change.

So there is a mismatch between what is going on within me and the environment around me. Now I need to change my attitude. When my attitude is in agreement with the inevitable happening through me, when my attitude is calm and is to give in then most of the time I find that the environment has changed to my favour. For example: I decided to leave home at 10 am but then the bus did not come at that time but because I was not bowed by that situation and I changed my attitude.


So though there was delay in the bus for half an hour there was another announcement that the bus is coming in 10min.So many times people are attempting to change the environment and the situation without attending to their attitude.The secre is that you attend to your attitude and the situation and the environment will change in your favor.



Functionally we have some roles but unfortunately we start thinking that our role is our identity. And if I start believing that the role that I play is my only identity and then when the role changes because change is inevitable. The roles around me keep changing and I will be expected to play various roles that’s going to be a demand that comes on me to skip from role to role and various job descriptions. Few of them may not be even told to me I may have to infed myself


But if I am too rigidly attached to the role that I am playing then my flexibility is at minimum.Then I cannot slip in and out of any role with ease.So the state of readiness of my mind to slip in and out of various roles that inevitably is going to be bestowed upon me and when my state of readiness to move through various roles is nill then I experience stress. And when I am under stress and the roles have changed then my expressions becomes out of irritability, annoyance, unsteadiness or even destabilized mindset Such an expression further disharmonizes my environment in other words I will have a disharmonized environment for me to live in

So my caution should be thjat I should be able to create a cordial ambience around me so its good for me to live in. Not everything can become planned and prepared. Many things I may have to leave it to uncertainities.What is the state of my mind and what is the risk quotient that I can move through uncertainties with a Smile. Currently because of stress or because of conditioning of the mind perhaps my focus is on the impossibilities.


I need to graduate out of this and arrive at a mindset which gives me a vision of the possibilities and not restrict me or limit me to impossibilities. I am becoming spontaneous because I am seeing possibilities and I have agreed to move through uncertainties.

With this formula in place I can be a source of encouragement to others.So if I connect to my energy and enthusiasm I can become a source of encouragement to other people also. And if that is the case then I am a source of inspiration to people. If I am an inspiration to people the listeners are there, if the listeners get solace, comfort and relief from the state that they are in, but if somebody comes to you and they do not get relief, solace and comfort in your presence, instead they get agitated in your presence then you cannot be an inspiration.


To be an inspiration also you need to enhance your credibility in the eyes of your listener. The listener is going to decide how credible you are to decide wether you are a reliable person and a dependable person. So my objective is that I need to inspire other people by encouraging them. My listenr in their assessment of dependabilitiy, credibility and reliability on me they must assess in my favour. For this I need to connect with my enthusiasm and energy.For that I need to get spontaneous and for that I must have confidence to move through uncertainties. This formula in place it works well. Most of the tiem we prepare and plan in order to eliminate uncertainties. The irony is that you cannot always eliminate all the uncertainties. I formulate it as UPS- Uninterrupted Power Supply.

Uncertainity-Possibility-Spontaneity

1 comment:

  1. Nice one. :)
    I will need to read it couple of times more to understand properly.

    ReplyDelete